**This course includes the Intensive Baking Course!**
A unique 2 day long intensive course that will show you EVERYTHING involved in creating a professional 3 tiered stacked cake. You will bake cakes, carve them and learn a whole variety of icing effects and beautiful sugar decorations.
Our experienced and professionally trained tutors will give you the skills, knowledge and all-important confidence to create your own cakes with a professional finish that are perfect for weddings and other special occasions.
One of the most comprehensive courses around, you will learn how to create The Gourmet Cake Company’s very own and exclusive Neapolitan Rose 3 tiered cake design entirely from scratch! You will bake as a group during the course 3 delicious cake flavours, the art of flawless icing, how to craft exquisite decorations, as well as all the technical stuff like scaling and portioning.
Plus you will decorate both real cake and dummy cakes, round AND square, so you can eat and save part of your work too!
Our cake courses are held at our lovely bakery and cake decorating shop in central Chelmsford, Essex. Did you know we do over 15 different courses for all types of cakes? And that you can get a 20% discount after you’ve booked one?! For details on this fantastic offer, and to check out all of our courses, click here. Terms and conditions apply.
- Baking from scratch on the course!
- Chocolate, Vanilla and Raspberry cakes – recipe sheets given to take home
- Sizing your tiered cake & scaling recipes when choosing different cake shapes
- The Basics: Sizing, Potion Guides, Recipes (full handouts & information provided)
- Tins & prepping
- Baking in bulk & baking in advance – save time & stress!
- Key equipment – our recommendations for the novice to the serious baker
- Troubleshooting session – personal baking tips & advice, troubleshoot your home baking problems with our experts!
- Sugarpaste, gum paste, royal icing and buttercream… finally be clear on which icings to use and when!
- Making flexible lace icing ideal for a variety of decorative projects at home
- Icing and finishing your own cake board with ribbons
- Covering a square cake dummy with icing to create a professional finish
- Demonstration on how to professional prepare the cakes you made on day 1 ready for perfect covering
- Making the most of your cake shapes – how to carve and join
- Buttercream fillings
- How to cover your real cake with sugar paste – your cake will consist of 3 layers inside, one of each flavour!
- Covering a round cake dummy with icing to create a professional finish
- Making stunning full bloom wired sugarcraft roses and leaves
- Making matching rosebuds
- Royal Icing uses and piping techniques
- Technique guide on stacking & dowelling cakes – properly!
- Applying sugar lace to your cake
- Stencilling onto your cake
- Applying ribbons
- Transportation guide
- Displaying and packaging your finished 3 tier cake for a photo to show off to your friends and family!
Previous knowledge of cakes/icing is helpful but not essential for keen listeners and learners as all techniques will be fully demonstrated!
This course is held at our professional bakery and cake decorating shop in Chelmsford in Essex. Car parking is available very nearby if you are driving, otherwise Chelmsford is just a 30 minute train ride from London Liverpool Street station if you decide to travel by train, and our shop is just a few minutes walk from the station. Free parking on the single yellow lines around our shop on a Sunday is often available, but of course cannot be guaranteed.
Weekdays 10am to 3:00pm both days
Weekends 11:00am to 4:00pm on the Saturday & 12:30pm to 4:30pm on the Sunday
This is a TWO day course running on two consecutive days and costs £250. We are pleased to offer an installment scheme for this course where students may pay a 50% deposit of £125 to secure their place followed by the remaining 50% 2 weeks prior to the course commencement date. To pay in installments, please call the shop to book on 01245 283986.
Everything! The course price includes absolutely everything you need to bake, ice and decorate your cake as well as transport it home. Unlike some courses, attendees do not need to purchase any tools or equipment for use on the day – just bring yourself and your apron!
Exclusive TGCC Discounts for you!
Course attendees will receive a 10% discount on any items purchased in cake decorating shop Creative Baking Supplies on the day of your course – with no minimum spend! PLUS, if you book one course with us, you will be entitled to 20% off other courses in the future. For more information on how to get this fantastic discount or to book just give the shop a call on 01245 283986. Terms and conditions apply.
How To Book
Please see below for a list of available dates. When you have chosen your date, click Book Now and you will be taken through to a registration page followed by a payment page to secure your booking.
**PLEASE NOTE!** Our online booking & payments system is via PayPal but you do not need a PayPal account to pay! PayPal is also a secure payments system for most credit or debit cards. If you have problems with the booking system, please call the shop to book your course on 01245 283986. Click on a date below to book your course:
Neapolitan Rose 3 Tier Cake Course - 2 Days